When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is typically near the top of many people’s wish lists in Plano. A tankless water heater is a good choice for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for usage, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which might save you a lot on energy costs. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use for later use, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you might with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continuous supply of hot water. They are small in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to run.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water moves through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element heats it. Then it travels to the tap, where you end up with hot water. One note about tankless water heaters—especially for larger houses—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be large enough to take on a handful of uses at once. One of our professionals will help you figure out what your flow rate is and give you recommendations based on their knowledge.
Some people choose to install a separate tankless water heater that’s designated to a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, a lot of homes in the Plano area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the benefits of getting one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifespan of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifecycle of a normal tank heater.
- Most tankless units carry a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters hardly ever run out of hot water.
- You get improved energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient without standby heat loss and only use the power needed to heat the amount of water needed at any period.
- Tankless models take up much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be hung on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be put in under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’ll be used.
With tankless water heaters, you get rid of the probability of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater put in your Plano home. It’s a great energy-efficient choice for your home. We carry quality tankless hot water heater choices, knowledge and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 469-249-9709
or request an appointment with us online.