Your sump pump is one of those items you may not consider until you need it—then you trust it’s operating as it should. The good news is that the experts at Service Experts are here to help whether you want new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Plano home.
Sump pumps can stop working for several of different reasons and we’ve possibly witnessed it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting strange, give Service Experts a call to schedule a visit and examine your issue.
During our visit, we can provide you with multiple preventive maintenance hints to help ensure your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or technically, quite the opposite) when you need it most. Our staff will observe your sump pump for correct operation and if we see any sign of a impending issue, we’ll alert you immediately and go over your options.
It is vital to remember there are several easy things that you can do to be confident you have your sump pump set up for success:
- Make sure the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is vertical and not tilting to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it has been a while since your sump pump has operated, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your living space and your belongings from what can be distressing water damage, look to the experts at Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 469-249-9709
or request an appointment online.