According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are a result of sewer backups. The typical cost with sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Service Experts can help by ensuring you have a backflow assembly in place to avoid sewer backups. Plenty of homeowners in Plano don’t realize they are liable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the skills, training and aptitude to take care of everything and anything associated to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Common Causes of Sewer Backup
- Clogs in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is the cause of your sewer to fail or backup, be sure to call us at 469-249-9709
the second you identify a problem to avoid as much, potentially expensive, harm to your living space and plumbing arrangement as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Make sure you are discarding waste the right way.
- Pouring grease down your drain will cause a obstruction in the line and become a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials other than toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) into the toilet can cause a backup.
- Have Service Experts install and manage a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Service Experts to investigate for illegal plumbing connections and mend them if identified. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will usually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from harming your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Service Experts today at 469-249-9709
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.