If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak could include the following:
- The smell of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances connected to the gas line, like gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or faded grass, plants or other vegetation
- People in the house complaining about symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are encountering any of these signs and are worried they may be related to a gas leak, leave your home and call 911 promptly, followed by your utility company.
In some cases, the utility company will repair a gas leak, but in many scenarios the homeowner is liable. Fortunately, the professionals at Service Experts are highly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are committed to getting the job done correctly, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is covered with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER DO AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a number of things to get done around the house that homeowners want to take on by themselves, gas line repair needs to be left up to the experts. It is the only way to make sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Plano codes.
From adding gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Service Experts’s years of experience have allowed us to handle a number of gas line projects in the Plano community, so no job is too much for our experts.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As mentioned before, the first thing you need to do if you are nervous about a gas leak is leave your home and then call 911 right away. After emergency responders are headed your way, reach out to your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have confirmed there is no danger, call Service Experts to arrange a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, ought to be taken very seriously. Ensure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 right away if you’re ever worried about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide doesn’t have an odor and isn’t easily detected. The EPA recommends the following steps to reduce exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances correctly adjusted.
- Put in and use an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have a trained professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and take care of any leaks immediately.
For more pointers on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, visit our blog.